Physiotherapy / Physical therapy
The two main subjects in physiotherapy are prevention (preservation of health) and rehabilitation (re-establishment of health).
- Therapeutic exercise / Movement therapy
- Manual therapy
- Medical massage
- Warm/cold therapy
Aims of Physiotherapy
- Treatment of cause of physical problem
- Symptom improvement, symptom control and monitoring
- Re-education of an unbalanced muscle condition (strength, coordination, stamina)
- Preservation and re-establishment of natural movement processes
- Avoidance of malfunction of the movement system
These aims are to enable the patients to keep the best possible movement pain-free, and boost independence / quality of life.
For a successful physical therapy it is essential for patients to carry out the learned exercises regularly, also after completion of the therapy series!